Phyllo Blueberries cups
Phyllo Blueberries shells
Quick and delicious dessert. Mascapone cream instead of pastry cream.
6 Phyllo sheets cut into squares
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground clove
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
1/4 cup whipped cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus more zest, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Place a sheet of phyllo dough on parchment paper. Lightly spray with oil, then place another sheet on top. Repeat layering until you have 6 sheets stacked up
Bake for about 13-15 minutes (for regular muffin tin size), or until golden brown. Keep an eye on the oven to make sure they don't burn.
1. Combine the blueberries, granulated sugar and cinnamon and clovein a small saucepan.
2. Cook over medium-high heat until the berries start to break down and the liquid becomes syrupy, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool
3. Whisk together the mascarpone, whiped cream, powdered sugar and lemon zest and juice in a medium bowl.
4. Spoon or pipe dollops of the mascarpone mixture into the phyllo shells, leaving room for the blueberry compote,
5. Top with the blueberry compote. Freshly grate lemon zest on top to garnish and dust with powdered sugar just before serving.